Sunday, February 22, 2009

Shortcuts Website

So I have some great links on my sidebar that I thought I should blurb a bit because they're too great to miss! Check out the "Recommended Sites!" section on the left hand side bar for a permanent link.

Shortcuts.com is a great site for those of you who want to save money on groceries but don't have time for coupons or remembering which to take when and to which store. This site lets you add a frequent shopper card, such as the Smith's Freshvalues card, by that barcode number on the back. You can add multiple cards from multiple stores if you don't have a regular store. When you search through manufacturer coupons on the site and you stumble across one you like or a product you buy regularly, you simply click to add it to your card. This loads the coupon onto your member card, and when you scan your card at the grocery store it automatically scans your coupon!

Even better, the site sends you a reminder when coupons are about to expire and also lets you know when your coupons have been used. An added bonus, I've discovered that some coupons can be used in conjunction with each other. For example, I bought two Yoplait yogurt cups at the store before leaving on vacation this last week. On my card I had loaded a few coupons for Yoplait yogurt, and when I checked my email the next day, I realized that both the $0.25 cents off 1 yogurt and $0.75 cents off 2 yogurts coupons had been used! That means I paid $0.98 cents for 2 yogurts and got $1.00 off. Best of all, I didn't even remember I had yogurt coupons and the discount was taken automatically.

Again, these are manufacturer coupons, so they can be taken in conjunction with any in store promotion or sale.

Happy (easy) couponing!


No comments: